Sunday 18 January 2015

Paper-piece and patchwork fun

I was four blocks into my 2015 BAD (Block-a-Day) project last time we chatted.  Well I have been playing with my fabric scraps and now, five days later, I am fourteen blocks in.  Fancy a butchers hook (cockney rhyming slang for ‘look’)?  
(All blocks are 4½” including borders unless stated otherwise.)
Block 6 - House (Carol Doak design)
Block 7 - Birthday Cake (patchwork 6" x 7")
This block was minimized from the FQ Shop's charity Snapshots QAL
Block 8 - Sewing Machine (paper pieced 6" x 5")
This block was minimized from a Regina Grewe design
Block 9 - Quarter Square Triangles from
two orphaned HST blocks left-over from the Wishes QAL.
Block 10 - Tree (Carol Doak design)
Block 11 - Cup-and-Saucer  (minimized from a Piece-by-Number Design)
Block 12 - Squares-within-a-Square
Block 13 - Feature Square (Carol Doak design)
I added some very simple stitching to this one.
Block 14 - Log Cabin Tree (minimized from a Linda Causee design)
You can see all blocks made to date over on Flickr, Pinterest or Instagram (#patchsmithbad2015).

This is so much fun but it hasn't made a dent to my fabric scraps yet!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda! What fabulous blocks! It is going to make a fantastic quilt!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with each one! I keep saying... "Now that's my favorite!" And then I see the next one and it then becomes my new favorite block!
    Do you gather some fabric, and then look for a block to make.... or pick out a block and then look for your fabrics?
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pick the block first and then choose from my fabric scraps. I have so many scraps and this is a great way to use them up. Besides, it is so much fun making something pretty from offcuts.

      Delete
  3. Wow - these are each soooooo beautiful! I love the photography, Amanda - the white backgrounds set each block off perfectly, and the little props are enchanting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The quality of the photos differ due to the light here in England in January. I am loving these blocks - both the making of them and how they are turning out. I regard it as scrap organization!

      Delete
  4. Yay. My imagination is short and I have no idea how all your 365 will look together, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not to sure that they will all go together. I just know it feels nicer to have my scraps in block order rather than in a pile. Beside - it is so much fun.

      Delete
  5. These are so dainty and cute! It looks like such fun. Are they all paper pieced or just regular? Are you using a book? I have missed something. Let me go back :)

    ReplyDelete