Monday 5 June 2017

Bigger Blocks

May's 'Dutchman's Puzzle' block

I have been joining in the “6 Designers – 12 Blocks sew-along” (6kopfe12blocke) this year.  

There are twelve blocks 12" traditional patchwork block - one a month.
February's Churn Dash Block

I have made four of the blocks to date as part of my 2017 BAD (block-a-day) project.
January's 'Rolling Stone' Block

I am going to put together a red, white and blue quilt using many of the blocks I make this year - hence my colour choices.
Just some of the Block-a-Day blocks I have made this year

Making larger blocks is not unknown to me and the tutorials are clear and straightforward (click on the photos to go through to the tutorial for that block).  But I decided it might be fun to paper-piece this month's 'Pineapple' block - such big pieces - such big fun!  

I shall of course be including my 12" Spinning Churn Dash block in the finished quilt ...
FREE 12" Spinning Churn Dash Pattern

This pattern is FREE - just click on the photos to download the PDF patterns.

Until next time ....

No comments:

Post a Comment